A journey on the tropical island of Mauritius





A journey on the tropical island of Mauritius

Today, I will take you through my journey on the island of Mauritius. Known as the ‘Paradise island’, Mauritius is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, with its exquisite beaches, magnificent mountains, sugarcane fields, historical sites and communities of people rich with traditions. It is truly a great escape from the tedious routines of our lives. 


The island’s attractive beaches and tropical climate is complemented by a multi-ethnic and cultural population that is friendly and welcoming which made my trip much more enjoyable. I went trekking in the rainforests followed by a visit to the nature reserves where you can spot some of the native endangered species which was quite an amazing adventure. There are also a great range of sea activities such as scuba diving, snorkelling and kite surfing - an experience I encourage you all to try.


I was also fascinated by the local culture and variety of colourful religious festivals and by participating in such activities, it made me admire the traditions of the locals even more. I visited the island’s natural features which includes the 7-coloured Earths of Chamarel and the Black River Gorges which really exhibits the beauty of the country. Every moment in Mauritius is an opportunity to discover something new.



--Arvind

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My trip to Thailand - the land of smiles

COMP1800, Monday tutorial group 4 vlog: "travel with us in sydney!"