My Trip to Japan - Harajuku



Takeshita Street, Tokyo: 400 Meters of Fun, Food & Fashion | Tokyo ...
Takeshita Street

For my first blog post, I would like to take you guys on a trip to Japan, specifically one of my most favourite place, Harajuku. Harajuku is known for their adolescent culture in fashion, technology and activities. It has gained a reputation for showcasing 'cute' items in its most busy street of Takeshita street.

The streets are filled with individuals shopping for second-hand clothes at thrifts stores for their next Instagram-worthy photo shoot. It was quite interesting to see Harajuku's street fashion of colourful and unique dresses and over the top accessories. I love that this trend allowed individuals to express themselves through fashion and colour.

Harry Hedgehog Cafe Harajuku Japan - The Kid Bucket List      
HARRY Hedgehog Cafe


One of the most interesting stores that I visited was called the 'HARRY Hedgehog Cafe'. It's a cafe that allows customers to not only drink and eat but play with their adorable hedgehogs in store. They had given me gloves so I won't be pricked by their spines and had also given me some live mealworms to give to the hedgehogs for a snack. The issue was that most species of hedgehogs are nocturnal, which meant that the majority of the hedgehogs at the cafe were sleeping in their enclosure. Although I couldn't play with the hedgehogs as I didn't was to disrupt their nap, it was quite cute to look at their sleeping faces while drinking my coffee.

It was a unique experience and I do highly recommend that if you are in the area of Harajuku, you should at least visit the 'HARRY Hedgehog Cafe' at least once in your visit to Japan.

-- Angelia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A journey on the tropical island of Mauritius

My trip to Thailand - the land of smiles

COMP1800, Monday tutorial group 4 vlog: "travel with us in sydney!"