Liverpool-A football city


Liverpool- A football city

On my trip to England, I went to visit the city of Liverpool and I discovered a city full of history and traditions. Liverpool is mostly renowned for the two football clubs- Liverpool FC and Everton FC- in the city which are located just about 1 km apart from each other and separated by Stanley Park. I got the opportunity to visit the Anfield stadium, home of Liverpool Football Club, one of the biggest football clubs in the world and it was an amazing experience as I am a childhood fan of ‘LFC’. Liverpool is also the birthplace of the famous Rock band, The Beatles, and the city exhibits the wealthy history of the band with memorabilia in local pubs and restaurants everywhere.

I was also able to watch a football match live in the stadium and one could clearly see the exuberating passion of the population about football. The evening went on to be a mix of cheerful screams and admiration for the players as our team won the match dominantly. Later that night, as I was travelling with some friends, we went to the pub to enjoy a few drinks and celebrate the victory with the locals to cap off what was a truly fascinating and spine-tingling experience of my life.

--Arvind

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A journey on the tropical island of Mauritius

My trip to Thailand - the land of smiles

COMP1800, Monday tutorial group 4 vlog: "travel with us in sydney!"